Published on: Thu, 05/28/2015 - 11:01
UNESCO Conventions on Cultural Heritage Protection
- Protocol for the Protection of cultural Property in the Event of Armed Conflict. The Hague, 14 May 1954.
- Convention Concerning the Protection of the World Cultural and Natural Heritage, 1972.
- Convention on the Means of Prohibiting and Preventing the Illicit Import, Export and Transfer of Ownership of Cultural Property, 1970.
- Convention for the Safeguarding of the Intangible Cultural Heritage, 2003.
- Convention on the Protection and Promotion of the Diversity of Cultural Expressions, 2005.
- Convention on the Protection of Underwater Cultural Heritage, 2001.
World Heritage List
Currently, Moldova is represented on the UNESCO World Heritage List by one site - Struve Geodetic Arc (trans-border site, located on the territory of 10 countries: Norway, Sweden, Finland, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Russian Federation, Belarus, Ukraine and Republic of Moldova).
Representative List of the Intangible Cultural Heritage of Humanity
Men’s group Colindat, Christmas-time ritual, inscribed in 2013
Orheiul Vechi Archaeological Landscape, submitted on 10.09.2014